Monday, August 10, 2009

Catch's First Day at Daycare

I had been dreading this day all summer, but I am so glad it is over. I couldn't sleep last night because I was worried about today. I was nervous that Catch was going to see me leave him there, start crying, and think I was abandoning him. I was also worried that he'd forget me. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I really am worried that he's going to forget me. :0( Luckily, Catch fell asleep on the way there so when I took him in the daycare, he stayed asleep in his car seat. I left before he awoke so he wouldn't have to see me leave. I thought about him all morning and went by there around noon to drop off a bottle and check on him. By the way, I totally forgot to grab his bottles out of the fridge before we left! Smooth move, Brittany. Anyway, when I walked in to see him he was lying in a bouncer next to a cute, little red-haired girl. Already macking on the girls. Atta boy! ;0) He seemed so relaxed, which made me worry less. When I left he didn't want to look at me! It broke my heart, but I finally got his attention and he gave me his cute little smile. That was enough and I quickly left before he got upset. When I picked him up at 3:15 he was calmly lying in the bouncer again. My little Catch was such a big boy today and I am so proud of him! I hope that every day is a great day for him. I never knew my heart could feel this much love. It is truly the best feeling in the world.


Off to daycare - Mommy isn't handling it as well as baby boy

Time to be a big boy
Catch didn't sleep much at daycare, so when he got home he conked out. When he awoke, his eyes were so puffy from sleep. Poor baby!


He was so sleepy during his bath. He usually cries bloody murder when we take him out and put lotion on him. However, he was all smiles tonight. It was such a wonderful moment. I think he was delirious from lack of sleep. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment