Sunday, January 30, 2011

What a Beautiful Day!

U2 couldn't have said it better! Saturday was such a beautiful day and we had so much fun with family and friends. When I'm not off at a tournament, I LOVE our Saturday morning rituals. We always go to Papa's donut shop and visit with Nana and Papa. Catch was so excited to see Papa and quickly ran up to him. He knows who has the goods. :0) Once we left the donut shop, we stopped by to see Great-Grandma Coonie. Coonie was so happy to see him and Catch is always sweet whenever he sees her. We headed to Nana and Papa's next, but since Catch fell asleep, we headedhome for a nap instead. Let me just tell you, I love my naps. Chris isn't much of a napper, but I'm a much nicer person if I can get one in every now and then. Brooks and I can use as much sleep as we can get these days.

Once Catch woke up, we met the Kesners at Chick-Fil-A for some lunch. Catch threw a bit of a fit and didn't want Chris to sit him down in the high chair, but once he saw fries he sure was fine. BTW - their chicken salad sandwich is AMAZING! Next, we headed to Regional Park. Everyone, their dogs, and extended family were out enjoying the weather. We got a good 45 minutes in before I couldn't take all the people anymore. We played catch (literally), threw the football around, and played on the playground. Half the time Catch was just checking out all the other children running around. He gets so amused with the bigger kids and wants to follow them around. Our last stop for the afternoon was to Pink Swirls. YUMMY - 'nuff said!

We ended our evening with Papa's side of the family at Johnny Carino's. Catch's favorite meal is spaghetti, and he ate plenty of it! By 8 pm, he was fussy and ready to go home. It didn't take him long to pass out once we got in the car. In fact, it didn't take me too long either.

After a great night's sleep, we headed to Gammie's for pancakes Sunday morning! Man, do I love my mom's pancakes.


May I just say, I love my weekends with Chris and Catch. Unfortunately, this will be my last weekend with the family until February 19th. Luckily, it'll be just in time for Christopher's 28th birthday. ;0) That's what Chris keeps saying. You all know the truth. hehehe...


Stay warm this week!

High-fiving Great Grandma Coonie

Coonie telling Chris about his Grandpa


Isn't this a sweet pic?! Too bad Catch's teeth have been hurting him. We couldn't keep his hands out of his mouth this whole weekend.


Headed to the park. Thanks for the book, Chick-Fil-A!


The Pose.


Time to play!


He looks like he's about to pitch it. He really enjoyed throwing to Daddy's glove.





My Gorgeous!


Time to throw (and kick) the football around


Look at the fro on Catch. Daddy won't let me cut it since it turned out so bad the last time. The next time will be on Daddy. :0)

I love my boys!





I tried to get Catch to take a pic next to me, but you can see how that turned out.


This is Catch's favorite thing at the park. He will stay on this forever!



Trying to take Daddy's glove from him. I wish I could have gotten a picture of Catch with his glove on. Catch kept throwing the ball into his own glove. He must have seen Chris do it so much.

1 comment:

  1. It was beautiful day. Sorry we didn't get to meet up with you guys. I packed a lot into our day too. I have a post in draft on Saturday too. I loved it. I can't wait for summer and spring so we can enjoy beautiful days together!!

    ReplyDelete