Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cowboy Up!

It's an exciting time in the Manley Home! We found out yesterday that we'll be having another boy - Brooks Christopher Manley! Something about these Manleys - they just produce boys. :0)

I wish I had ultrasound pics to post, but I need to get them scanned first. The ultrasound technician said everything looked great, and that we are right on schedule. Brooks weighs 3/4 of a pound. hehehe... It didn't take her long to figure out he was a boy, and Chris was pretty proud of that fact. ;0) She also said that he was very photogenic, and Chris replied, "Just like our other son." It looks like he's going to have some big feet like Catchers too. I wonder if he'll get his big, blue eyes as well???

While waiting to see the doctor, Chris and I couldn't help but start laughing at the realization that our house is going to be a zoo. Right now, we holler at Catch for hitting the coffee table with his bat. Next year, there will be 2 bats banging on furniture, us, and each other! I better start sleeping and working out. I'm going to need to be energetic and fit to take care of these 3 rascals (Christopher included).

Right after the dr. appt. I went to buy Brooks his first outfits. Since he's going to be my lil cowboy, I just happened to find a sleeper (on clearance) with the words, "Mom's lil cowboy." I also got the last "Little Brother" onesie. I can't wait for Catchers to meet his little brother. I tried to tell him that he was going to have a baby brother, but he didn't quite know what I was talking about. He just heard the word, "baby" and smiled big. Catch is too cute though. We taught him that my belly has a baby, and now when I ask him to hug or kiss the baby, he'll lift my shirt, and kiss and hug the baby. It's absolutely precious!

I always said that if we had another boy I would decorate his room like the lil cowboy he'll be. So, about a month ago while shopping at Hobby Lobby I saw rows full of cowboy decor. At that moment I realized that this was my sign - I was definitely having a boy. Of course, right after work today I went straight to HL to check out the sales. I found a few adorable things already, but now I just have to wait for the picture frames, lamps, and other stuff to go on sale. It's definitely time to get busy on his room! I'll keep you all posted on all the developments.
.
Sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to turn the pics, so just tilt your head to the right. :0)
This will go on the wall - looks like a belt buckle.

I just thought this sign was too cool

Another sign (this one to represent my love) LOL

The coolest switches and outlet covers EVER!

Brooks's hat racks

Sign for above his door

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I can't wait to meet Brooks and to see what Catch thinks. I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete