Sunday, May 23, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATCHEROO!

Catch's first birthday is over! So bittersweet. It went really well, even though now we've realized that we didn't do an important tradition - sing happy birthday. My poor baby! Hopefully, he'll forgive us. We also wanted to do a slideshow, but I didn't get it done in time. I'm going to work on one though, and hopefully send it to all the family.

Catch has been sick for a while, but he managed to suck it up for his party. He was in such a good mood and really loved all the attention. He's definitely a ham! We had so much family and friends there - about 40+ people. I didn't realize how many people love him. We are absolutely blessed. After the party, we took him to the zoo. He passed out as soon as we got in the car, which was perfect. By the time we got the zoo, he got his 2nd wind. Catch loved the zoo. He was responding to everything he was seeing. He was exciting to see that. A couple of my volleyball girls, Bailey and Hannah; their mothers; and Haylea, one of his favorite people, met him up there. It was such an enjoyable time, and even though we were wiped out, I'm glad we took him. His birthday ended at Hooter's, yes, I said Hooter's. Bonnie was craving some wings, so we all went up there. Let me just say, he loved the Hooter's girls. :0)

So, get ready, there are LOTS of pics.

The entrance to our party, and it was a zoo.

Catch with his meemaw. He doesn't get to see her too often, but he sure took to her quickly.

I had a book where everyone could write a special message to him. I'm going to put pics next the messages, so how many people love him and celebrated his first birthday with him.

The morning of his birthday. Poor baby, he wasn't feeling too great. Neither were we - we only had 3 hours of sleep.


My love! He makes me so happy!

Nana putting Catch on his new 4-wheeler. He loves it!

We had zoo-related games set up for the kiddos to play. I think they really enjoyed it all.

Catch's cool zoo cake made with love by his Nana Lisa.

The cupcakes had animal crackers on them. Nana outdid herself.

Getting ready for his smash cake, which he didn't smash.

Not a fan of the smash cake.



Opening presents with Nana and Papa.



He loves his bat and ball.

Getting goodbye kisses from Aunt Kelli.


Jungle Guide, Catch Matthew Manley

The boys with Pawpaw
Best friends

Best friends playing

Catch with Grandma Coonie

Uncle Jon and Aunt Jeananne

Meemaw and Pawpaw

Getting ready to go to the zoo with my volleyball girls: Bailey, Hannah, and Haylea (his favorite water girl :0) )

The Petting Zoo - Catch was super excited to see the goats.

I love this family photog

Catch loves playing with Haylea.

Waiting for the otters to swim by. He was so giddy!

Trying to play with his future wife, Kelli. This was their first date. :0)


Love this pic!

Dad and son looking at the gators.

Taking a walk with Berlinda, one of my volleyball moms. She always took him walking around the gyms during tournaments. He loves her, especially since she was always giving him food that Chris and I wouldn't dare give him. :0)

Our family pic - I'm looking pretty tired.

SUGARS!

Gammie and her baby boy

Auntie Bunky!

Auntie Da!

Uncle Baba!

Bons and me at the zoo. Two tired mamas.

If you can't tell, we are pretty exhausted by this point...

Awwww...

Now, don't judge too harshly. Bonnie was craving some Hooter's wings, so...



I think these pics speak for themselves

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how funny. Hooters!!! What a great birthday Catch had. He's such a sweet boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I need to sign his book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...what a great first birthday!! I so wish we could have been there! :( Hopefully we will see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete