Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Catch's First Thanksgiving

Well, Catch survived his first 10-hour drive! He was amazing all the way to and from New Mexico. Granted, he and all of us were exhausted, but it was pretty good. My mom and sister joined us for the drive so that made the trip a little more exciting. Poor Christopher drove the whole way, but I don't think he would've enjoyed just sitting there. My sister and I played Travel Scrabble, and she kicked my butt. We had some laughs. For some reason, I kept calling myself the "shuriff" (that's the pronunciation for "sheriff" in a southern accent) and Catch was junior deputy shuriff (shuriff in training). I would randomly bring up some random comment about it and we'd all laugh. I'm sure they got annoyed with me, but I was entertained. Nine out of 10 hours listening to lullabies can drive one a little batty, and although it was fun, I'm sure glad we're back at home. We just have too much stuff for him to be traveling so much.

Catch got to meet a lot of family. I am so happy that he met his Great Grandpa Wright. Poor grandpa got mauled in the face though. Catch is all about touching people's faces, although it is more like hitting people's faces. He also met all of his millions of cousins and that was overwhelming but exciting for him. One of them, Cane, had a small race car and he would drive it around Catch when he was playing on his tummy. Catch was mesmerized by it and started scooting toward it pretty fast. He's still not sitting up by himself, but he can stay up if his hand is on the ground holding him up. Catch is doing some other new and great things! I got him his first sippy cup and he loves it. I've told you all about how he is obsessed with cups and now that he has his own, he enjoys it. I've also started making his own baby sauce. Well, actually I've only made apple sauce from organic apples, but he loves it. I'm going to try sweet potatoes Friday night. :0)

Bedtime is getting better. He is starting to sleep through the night. He still wakes up pretty early (5ish) sometimes, but hey, if he sleeps the entire night, that's fine with me. He's also been a little fussier this week. I don't know if it's just from traveling so much or maybe being around Chris and me so much for a week and then all of sudden not, but he has just been crying a little more lately. I remember the first couple days I dropped Catch off to daycare I was so sad, and I didn't think I could feel much worse, but I have discovered that I can! When I dropped Catch off at daycare Monday and Tuesday, he screamed when I left. I could see his red, little face staring at me. I just knew he was thinking, "Why are you leaving me, Mommy?!" That truly broke my heart. I'm definitely going to remind him of this when he's older and doesn't want to hang out with me anymore.

We have a big weekend planned. We are going to start decorating tonight and take Catch to Bass Pro Shop tomorrow so he can get his picture taken with Santa. Hopefully we'll take our Christmas Card pic this weekend too and get some shopping done. I'm already tired just thinking about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment