Monday, August 2, 2010

An Evening with Friends, Kids, and Babies

Last Tuesday, we had the Kesners with Baby Kelli, and the Grahams with Caroline and Carter, over for dinner. It was a fun night, of course! Catch loved seeing them all. I made chicken fajita tostadas, and my wonderful mom helped by making the beans and Spanish rice. If I may say so, it was all delicious, especially the made from scratch cheescake I made. I was pretty proud of myself!

We took the kiddos outside after dinner. They had a great time running up and down the sidewalk, riding the 4-wheeler, and writing on the chalkwalk. Do I have some stories?! Yes, indeed! I'm going to let the pics take over from here! Enjoy!
Carter wasn't a fan of the 4-wheeler, but I think it was just because he was still a bit under the weather. Catch didn't have a problem taking over. In fact, he rode it backwards and sideways! I think I have a future X-gamer here!

Catch looking at Caroline and Carter playing in his room. He wasn't quite sure what to think of this.

Carter was walking along the garage door, and we couldn't help but laugh. He had his hand tucked in and it looked like he was peeing! hehehe...we're pretty mature, huh?!

Chris playing chase with all the kids.

Caroline didn't want me to take a pic of her wearing her helmet, but I'd already done so. Kristi, don't show Caroline this one! ;-)
Looks like best friends are about to hug it out.

Carter took off! Look how far he went!

Baby Kelli was fast asleep inside, so Bonnie came out to play for a bit. :0)

My beautiful creation. Notice: Caroline's name is in yellow. I didn't mean anything by it, but boy was she upset with me! Her favorite color is purple, and when she saw this, she ran straight to her mom with tears in her eyes. I felt horrible and a bit perplexed.

So while she was with her mom, I wrote it again in purple. But, she was still upset because it wasn't in the spot she wanted. (All this was said through crying.)

So...she picked a spot and I wrote it again. BUT, it was too big. It had to be little letterS because she's a little girl. The whole experience was hilarious! After that, she was as happy as can be.

Carter playing with the chalk. I don't know how many times we had to pull chalk out of Catch's mouth! That boy will eat anything and everything!
All the kiddos took a bath together since it was so late. Caroline got between them and Catch would look side to side. You could tell he was trying to figure out why they were in there with him. But within seconds, he was happy go lucky. At one point, Carter was standing up with his bottom in Catch's face. Catch didn't know what to think, so Kristi patted Carter's butt. Then she realized she probably shouldn't have done that. A second later, there goes Catch...patting Carter's butt! We'll definitely tell them this story when they get older!!!

One more funny story: Catch reached over to get a toy and Caroline was looking at him. She told Catch, "Catch, you have such a cute, little bottom." We all died laughing!

Matching the boys up after bath. How cute do they look in their white tank tops?!


Catch taking Carter's paci. It was way past his bedtime!
The entire night was great and we can't wait to do this more!

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I should just make a link of this on mine. (I don't know how to do that. Do you?) I don't think I would tell it as well. You remembered all the details. I'm impressed!!!! It was so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I wonder how you could...I'll play around and let you know.

    ReplyDelete